In Year 12 and heading along to a university Open Day this year? From meeting academics and staff to attending lectures, here are seven ways to make sure your Open Day experience is a success!
Open Day resources
While you’re here, get prepared for Open Day with all the resources we’ve put together for you:
- A list of every university Open Day happening in 2021 – from QUT in Brisbane to the University of Adelaide in SA, we’ve listed the universities hosting info days in 2021 so you can start prepping questions, schedules and which lecturers to stalk.
- The A to Z of Open Day – from campus tours to sussing out student societies, we’ve covered everything you need to know about Open Day.
- STEM societies and clubs to check out on Open Day – chemical engineering, cyber security, plant science, statistics… there’s a STEM society or club for everyone at uni!
- The top STEM universities in Australia – add these to your list of unis to check out on Open Day (physically or virtually).
- Quizzes to help you get the most out of Open Day – we’ve rounded up five quizzes to help out with everything – from planning your day, to looking into particular courses and subjects, extra-curricular opportunities and what to do if you’re hitting up a virtual event.
- Physical vs virtual uni open days – we explore the differences and what you can expect from these events.
Want more Careers with STEM videos? Head to our YouTube channel and subscribe!
Author: Louise Meers
Louise is the production editor for Careers with STEM. She has a journalism degree from the University of Technology, Sydney and has spent over a decade writing for youth. She is passionate about inspiring young people to achieve their biggest goals and build a better future.