How do you get a cool gig in nuclear medicine? We asked three STEM pros just that!
In this video, ANSTO scientists share their study and career pathways, what they do in their 9-5, plus their advice for anyone who wants to work in this space one day.
We chat to:
- Nigel Lengkeek, senior radiochemist – hear more from Nigel in the Careers with STEM: Science and Space webinar on February 23. Register here. P.S. It’s free!
- Leena Hogan, radioisotopes and irradiations manager
- Erin Smyth, graduate engineer
Wanna be an ANSTO scientist?
Check out these reads:
- Meet STEM experts working in nuclear medicine
- A day in the life of a biomedical engineering grad
- 15 women smashing stereotypes in nuclear science
- Career insights from the coolest women in nuclear science
- ANSTO digs up the history of one of Australia’s greatest predators
- Reef obsession: Protecting the coral reef as an ecotoxicologist at ANSTO
- Awesome job alert: Materials science at ANSTO
Bring on the STEM videos
We have videos on everything from artificial intelligence to amazing animal careers on the Careers with STEM YouTube channel! Subscribe now so you don’t miss a thing.
Keen on science? We’ve whipped up a little playlist for you:
33 jobs you can get with a Bachelor of Science
How to make a science video
Next gen careers: future scientist webinar
Careers with STEM: Science webinar – Part 1
For more science + ANSTO reads, check out the latest issue of Careers with STEM: Science. It’s available as an e-mag, so be sure to share it with your friends and classmates!
Author: Louise Meers
Louise is Careers with STEM’s digital content strategist. She has a journalism degree from the University of Technology, Sydney and has spent over a decade writing for youth. She is passionate about inspiring young people to achieve their biggest goals and build a better future.