It’s here! Careers with STEM: Science 2019 is fresh off the press and packed with useful info about pursuing a career in science, as well as inspirational stories of professional scientists who are changing the world.
And there’s barely a lab coat in sight. That’s because science skills are increasingly in demand in industries outside of research (but research – and lab coats – are still totally on the table if that’s your jam!). Science skills are also highly transferrable across careers – and some of the skills needed to be a scientist might just surprise you.
In this issue of Careers with STEM: Science, you will:
- Meet scientists solving some of our biggest and most pressing challenges, including cleaning up our waterways and saving the Great Barrier Reef, designing life-saving tech and launching their careers into outer space (literally);
- Learn about the human-based skills needed to work in STEM;
- Discover the breadth and diversity of science careers out there, from astrophysicist to zoologist;
- Meet inspirational mentors combining their creative passions with science;
- Hear from people working at ANSTO, ASIO, the CSIRO, Santos and Coles;
- Access events, programs and tools to help you skill-up quickly or find your study paths.
Our latest issue also features a special, flip-side edition – Careers with STEM: Data Science. We’re producing more data than ever before, and at a growing rate. By the year 2020, it’s predicted we’ll be producing 1.7 megabytes of data per person, per year. The result? Huge opportunities for data science careers – with 2.7 million more data science jobs predicted for 2020.
Author: STEM Contributor
This article was written by a STEM Contributor for Careers with STEM. To learn more, please visit our contact page.