LinkedIn’s list of 2020’s top emerging jobs is dominated by future-focused tech positions. Surprised? Neither are we.
The research analyses the lengthy list of job titles that have appeared on the site to find 15 positions that have demonstrated the most evolution and growth.
“Emerging jobs show how industries are evolving and adopting new technologies,” Adam Gregory, Senior Director, APAC Talent Solutions at LinkedIn said in a statement.
RELATED: Five K-12 STEM Education trends
“We are seeing that technology is driving demand for a plethora of new jobs, not just hard-skilled jobs such as Site Reliability Engineers but also soft-skill based roles such as Customer Success Specialists.”
This year’s wrap-up singled out tech, strategy and top-tier customer relations titles, all with salaries sitting above the 100K mark, with Gregory stressing that the idea of a ‘tech job’ referring to a ‘hard skill job’ “needs to be put to bed”.
“Companies need to hire and up-skill their talent with both hard and soft skills as the roles are constantly evolving,” he said.
So, what are the top jobs in Australia right now?
Artificial Intelligence Specialist, Cybersecurity Specialist and Marketing Automation Specialist are all sitting among the most-coveted gigs. And with an estimated 3.5 million roles to be filled in the cybersecurity sector by 2021, we’re not surprised.
RELATED: Future conscious farming
David Fairman, Chief Security Officer at National Australia Bank (NAB) confirms cybersecurity is an exciting field for people to get involved in and career opportunities will grow as the business world continues its digital transformation.
“It gives incredible opportunities for people to grow a career,” he stresses. “To travel globally and have some pretty exciting challenges.”
Yet while a plethora of tech roles in security are dominating the list, LinkedIn is also reporting a rise in strategic positions – think Growth Managers and Chief Strategy Officers – that assist companies capitalise on new developments and tech to build up business.
Keen to see the full list and their respective salaries?
LinkedIn’s 2020 list of emerging jobs:
- Artificial Intelligence Specialist, $106,000 to $153,000
- Cybersecurity Specialist, $102,000 to $153,000
- Marketing Automation Specialist, $95,000 to $140,000
- Robotics Engineer (Software), $83,000 to $117,000
- Site Reliability Engineer, $128,000 to $184,000
- Customer Success Specialist, $83,000 to $117,000
- Data Scientist, $111,000 to $160,000
- Data Engineer, $111,000 to $160,000
- Growth Manager, $111,000 to $150,000
- Chief Strategy Officer, varies between industries
- Anti-Money Laundering Specialist, $72,000-$92,000
- Product Owner, $124,000-$180,000
- Service Designer, $97,000 – $191,000
- Full Stack Engineer, $97,000 – $191,000
- Automation Consultant, $95,000-$126,000
Keen to read up more on the future of work? Here‘s where all the STEM jobs will be at.
Author: Cassie Steel
As Refraction’s digital editor, Cassie Steel spends her days researching robots and stalking famous scientists on Twitter.