Looking for careers with maths? It’s a sine you landed on this page!
Whether you’re keen on finance, fashion, sports or statistics, there’s a maths gig out there for you. Maths careers are varied, in-demand and a whole lot of fun! Let’s find out how much you know about them…
Wanna know more about maths careers? That’s easy as Pi!
We’ve spoken to all the maths experts, including pricing managers, flood analysts, data scientists, actuarial consultants, epidemic modellers and economists. One thing’s for sure – they all have lots of advice to help you land your dream STEM career. Here are a few profiles to get you started. Find even more here.
- Calvin He, economics researcher: Calvin uses his maths smarts to help the Reserve Bank of Australia answer big questions about the economy.
- Avalon Martinkus, quantitative analyst: businesses are looking for maths experts like Avalon to help them assess the risk of climate change.
- Alex Cantori, statistics specialist: Alex has the perfect pick of statistics jobs: specialising in basketball odds at Tabcorp.
- Dr Kudzai Kanhutu, medical information officer: Kudzai crunches health data to help people from all over receive medical treatment.
- Maggie McGowan, fashion founder: Maggie uses maths in her fashion business, Magpie Goose, to create employment opportunities for Indigenous artists in the Northern Territory.
Essential maths viewing
Turn off Netflix and binge on this instead. In the Careers with STEM: Maths + Data live webinar recording, you’ll hear from three real-life STEM professionals busting myths and swapping pathway stories.
Looking for the latest Careers with STEM: Maths + Data issue? We’ve got you. Just head on over here to flick through the e-mag. In this issue, we explore how maths is used every day to manage transport, manufacturing, housing, in creative careers and much more. You’re going to love it!
Author: Louise Meers
Louise is the production editor for Careers with STEM. She has a journalism degree from the University of Technology, Sydney and has spent over a decade writing for youth. She is passionate about inspiring young people to achieve their biggest goals and build a better future.