Here at Careers with STEM, we’re all about STEM + X, where X is the area you are most interested in, your passion, goal, or another field.
So if you want to inspire the minds of the future, and also see the huge benefits of working in STEM, then a career as a maths teacher could be a brilliant way to combine what you love. Take this quiz to see if a STEM + education path is a good fit for you.
So you wanna be a maths teacher?
It’s time to read up on STEM + education!
- 5 reasons you should consider a career in STEM teaching: If you like the idea of inspiring tomorrow’s leaders and hadn’t thought about STEM teaching before, now’s the time.
- Profile: Indianna Brewer-Williams, high school STEM teacher: Indianna combined her passion for sport with science and now shares this with the next generation of global leaders as a secondary school teacher
- Teaching STEM to special needs students: There are plenty of challenges in teaching STEM to special needs students, but the rewards go beyond the classroom – careers in digital technologies offer plenty of opportunities for people with different abilities. Special needs education specialist Rory Critchley from Joondalup in Western Australia gives his tips for successfully engaging students with STEM.
- Maths students + pre-recorded lectures = not always that great: Why might maths students’ performance suffer from relying on videos? A new study suggests we might be conditioned to watch video in a way that hinders the sort of thinking needed in maths.
Bring on the quizzes!
Looking for more maths quizzes? We have heaps!
- Can you guess these maths careers? Whether you’re keen on finance, fashion, sports or statistics, there’s a maths gig out there for you. Maths careers are varied, in-demand and a whole lot of fun! Let’s find out how much you know about them…
- What’s your maths + X? When it comes to maths careers, you might think becoming an accountant or working in finance are your only options. But in reality, there are so many cool, unique paths to walk! Why not combine maths with what you’re actually passionate about? Our quiz can help you work out what area might be great for you to explore.
- Which area of maths should you study?We’ll help you narrow down which Bachelor of Maths or maths degree is right for you with our maths careers quiz. Match your personality and aspirations to your perfect career in maths, whether that’s in data and statistics, economics, applied or pure maths.
Find every single one of our maths quizzes right here!
Author: Louise Meers
Louise is the production editor for Careers with STEM. She has a journalism degree from the University of Technology, Sydney and has spent over a decade writing for youth. She is passionate about inspiring young people to achieve their biggest goals and build a better future.