We’re giving away free copies of Careers with STEM: Code 2019 edition to Australian schools – order up to four boxes today!
Due to the cancellation of education outreach and careers expos in 2020, we have a number of boxes of copies available to order.
We are partnering with Google Australia to provide these copies to Australian schools at no charge. Including free delivery!
To order, simply complete this form with physical address details (no PO Boxes).
Orders close Thursday, 21 January 2021 @ 5pm AEST.
Deliveries will be made in the first week of February 2021.
Careers with STEM: Code 2019 is here to remind you that careers in tech and computer science are for everyone!
We can’t know exactly what the jobs of the future will look like, but we know digital technology will be a driving force. According to one report, more than half of Australian workers will need to be able to “use, configure or build digital systems” in the next 2-3 years. And digital skills are valuable not just in the tech sphere, but across almost every industry, from agriculture to mining and tourism.
In this issue, we:
- Investigate the gender gap in computer science and what’s being done to close it;
- Discover how to launch a career in gaming development;
- Learn how computer science can be used to connect us to culture, to health and wellbeing, in traditional careers like law and finance, in education to change the way we learn and teach, and to help us reach for the stars in Australia’s fast-growing space sector;
- Find tips and advice on how to kick off your tech career, whether you’re starting or finishing high school or about to choose your electives;
- Meet people with real-life tech careers working for organisations like Google, Atlassian, the Commonwealth Bank of Australia and CSIRO.
- Access events, programs and tools to help you skill-up quickly or find your study paths.
Author: STEM Contributor
This article was written by a STEM Contributor for Careers with STEM. To learn more, please visit our contact page.