When it comes to maths careers, you might think becoming an accountant or working in finance are your only options. But in reality, there are so many cool, unique paths to walk! Why not combine maths with what you’re actually passionate about? Our quiz can help you work out what area might be great for you to explore.
Can’t get enough of the M in STEM?
We’ve got reads for that!
- Toby Hendy + the maths behind growing your YouTube followers – we asked scientist, mathematician and YouTuber, Toby Hendy, about the maths involved in growing your YouTube subscribers!
- Premium gigs: STEM grads in insurance – the insurance industry isn’t all about premiums and claims. There is also cool modelling around how natural hazards may affect people’s lives and that requires experts in data and analytics.
- A list of all the data jobs we can think of – match your skills with the maths careers of today and tomorrow!
- Running with numbers: career opportunities in sports data – 3D skeletons, Formula 1 sailing boats and high-tech bikes – welcome to the sports data revolution.
- What maths skills do you need to become a tradie? Think that if you’re a budding tradesperson, dropping maths is no big deal? In actual fact, hands-on construction gigs use numbers a lot more than you’d think.
Plus ALL the quizzes to get you thinking about maths careers:
- Are you an actuary or an accountant?
- Which area of maths should you study?
- Which maths career is right for you?
- Could you be a data scientist?
- What maths equation are you?
So, you want a next-gen maths career?
In this webinar, discover how you can combine maths with your passion for anything – health, business, trades, security, agriculture and education – to create your dream career. Plus gain industry insights and tips from real people working in data and analytics and find out how they kickstarted their own unique pathways.
Author: Louise Meers
Louise is the production editor for Careers with STEM. She has a journalism degree from the University of Technology, Sydney and has spent over a decade writing for youth. She is passionate about inspiring young people to achieve their biggest goals and build a better future.