Hey there, future STEM teacher! With all the incredible STEM areas out there, it can be hard to choose just one to focus on. So if you’ve been scratching your head over what to specialise in, we’ve got you covered.
STEM + Education
Is this the study and career path of your dreams? Then you’ve got a lot of reading to catch up on! Check out inspiring career paths and the importance of STEM education (and how it’s communicated) below.
- Meet Hayley van Waas – she works in computer science education at the University of Canterbury in New Zealand.
- Wanna teach at a university? Dr Muneera Bano is a senior lecturer of software engineering at Deakin University.
- All the tips on how to get creative, engaging STEM education content online, thanks to digital technologies education expert Rebecca Vivian from the Computer Science Education team at the University of Adelaide
- How STEM education can change society – how STEM education can change society for at-risk and indigenous students.
- Is your maths teacher a secret YouTube star? From behind the maths desk, these teachers are also famous on YouTube.
- 5 signs you should be a maths teacher – find out if you’ve got what it takes!
Know an amazing an excellent teacher or STEM professional in industry or academia?
It’s time to celebrate them! Enter the SA Science and Innovation Awards. These awards recognise science, technology, engineering, maths and medicine (STEMM) professionals making outstanding contributions to research, innovation and education, as well as highlighting significant research and development being conducted in South Australia. Get all the deets here.
Need STEM teaching resources?
Ohh, you’ve definitely come to the right place! Just head on over to our teachers’ hub. It’s got STEM education themed articles and blog posts, plus teachers resources both free and available for purchase at the Careers with STEM shop.
Still working out how to combine STEM with your biggest passion? Take our What’s your STEM + X? quiz. Find your STEM + X (where X = your passion, skills or area of interest) and discover the possibilities of a STEM career in just about any job.
Author: Louise Meers
Louise is the production editor for Careers with STEM. She has a journalism degree from the University of Technology, Sydney and has spent over a decade writing for youth. She is passionate about inspiring young people to achieve their biggest goals.