Combing your passion for health with a career in tech (or vice versa!) is the perfect way to land a gig you’ll love doing everyday!
There are so many great tech and health careers out there – you could work in virtual reality, medical technology, digital health, analytics, health information technology and more. Take our quiz to help you find a field that’s right for you.
Based on your results, here are some qualifications to consider
- Digital health expert – Bachelor of Health Science (Digital Health) – Flinders University
- Medical technology manager – Bachelor of Biomedical Science, QUT
- Virtual reality specialist – Bachelor of Computer Science, University of Newcastle
Find out more about tech and health careers
We’ve got all the reads to help you out in your future tech + health career.
- The A-Z of health jobs: Wondering where a health science or related degree could take you? Kick off your career research with this A to Z list – which barely even scratches the surface of all the health jobs out there!
- The A-Z of medical careers: From allied health assistants to zZzZz (a.k.a. sleep!) technicians, here’s a list of medical careers that all use STEM skills.
- Three cool new advancements in drug delivery: The way we deliver drugs into our bodies has come a long way thanks to advances in biology, medicine and engineering. Here are just three cool examples.
- The (computer) science of feeling good: Have you ever considered using your computer science skills to create tech that really changes lives? This isn’t your average medtech career, computer science + wellness is all about creating accessible tech that responds to eye movements, or tracking health trends through big data.
- Australia’s fastest growing jobs are in healthcare: Why study health? Australia’s fastest growing jobs are in healthcare. From the lucrative positions like doctors or GPs, to the helping hands of a nurse, your career options are endless (and all in high demand!).
For more on combining STEM with health, head on over to our STEM + Health page!
Author: Louise Meers
Louise is Careers with STEM’s digital content strategist. She has a journalism degree from the University of Technology, Sydney and has spent over a decade writing for youth. She is passionate about inspiring young people to achieve their biggest goals and build a better future.