Working in tech is exciting, ever-changing and has the power to change the world.
Whether you want to code robots or help keep organisations safe from cyber crime, there are seriously cool gigs in technology. Think you know a lot about tech careers? Put your skills to the test with this trivia quiz.
Can’t get enough of tech careers?
We’ve got you! Head on over to our tech role models section to meet people already working in your dream careers.
Say hello to…
- Simone Barakat who mixed agriculture with STEM to create an awesome career in agritech
- Oliver Molteno who turned an internship at an AI and machine learning business into a full-time data science gig
- Katrina Donaghy, CEO and co-founder of Australian blockchain company Civic Ledger
- Daniel Lekic, a senior cyber innovation engineer who is part of CBA‘s cyber team, one of the largest cyber teams in the southern hemisphere
Plus so many more – software developers, entrepreneurs, security engineers, pen testers, UX designers and product managers, just to name a few!
If you’re feeling like tech is the right path for you, take these quizzes for a spin. They might just help you discover what area of technology to specialise in.
- Could you be a pen tester? Thinking about working in cyber security? Let’s find out if pen testing is the right area to flex your STEM skills.
- What type of programmer are you? IF you’re thinking about becoming a programmer, THEN you should definitely take this quiz, ELSE you might not know what specific career path to take!
- What tech degree is right for you? Should you study a Bachelor of Information Technology or a Bachelor of Computer Science? This quiz will reveal what tech path you should walk!
- What future job should I have? Find a study and career path that you’ll love and that’s future proof too!
Author: Louise Meers
Louise is Careers with STEM’s digital content strategist. She has a journalism degree from the University of Technology, Sydney and has spent over a decade writing for youth. She is passionate about inspiring young people to achieve their biggest goals and build a better future.