We love STEM because it’s so easy to combine it with what you’re truly passionate about! And when your passion is food, well… There are just so many exciting study and career paths to take. If you’re looking for your dream food job, the quiz below will help you out.
Find your dream food job in food science
There are plenty of areas you can cook up a career in food science. You could be a food scientist or technologist, public health nutritionist or even a food marketer. If this is the perfect area of STEM for you, check out the stories and careers profiles below.
- Jobs in food science – all the deets on what to study before you hit the kitchen or lab, plus take a look at how Australian food scientists are hitting it out of the park when it comes to cool new discoveries in the edible arena.
- Keen to cook up a food science gig? Meet three experts killing it in the field – a professor of human nutrition at the University of Sydney, a PhD researcher at ANSTO, and a molecular biologist at CSIRO.
- Meet Skye Blackburn, an entomologist and food scientist who launched her own startup to get bugs on our plates.
- Say hello to Michelle Colgrave, a food research scientist who is tackling one of our biggest challenges: making sure we have enough food to go around.
- Find out how Bonny Rawson, a proud Ballardong Noongar woman, discovered a new world of food via an airline corporate gig.
- Hungry for a career in food and farming? The STEM opportunities are endless.
- Everything you want to know about 3D food printing.
Author: Louise Meers
Louise is the production editor for Careers with STEM. She has a journalism degree from the University of Technology, Sydney and has spent over a decade writing for youth. She is passionate about inspiring young people to achieve their biggest goals.