If you’re thinking about maths study and career path, you’ll know there are so many interesting and challenging jobs out there. Two of these are actuarial science and accounting. Both deal with numbers, but in very different ways. Which one are you most suited to? Take our quiz to find out if you are an actuary or accountant!
So, are you an actuary or accountant? After you’ve done the quiz, remember to share your results and let your friends know what cool job you’ll land in the future!
RELATED CONTENT: 5 careers in mathematics that might surprise you
Need some more maths study path or career inspo? Whether you’re into data analysis, economics research or maths education, our maths careers profiles are a great place to find out about all the incredible maths jobs out there and how to get them.
Why not read about…
- Natalie Thamwattana, a world-leading researcher in nanotech
- Alex Cantori, a statistics specialist working in basketball odds
- Zoya Dhillon, a senior analyst in financial stability at the Reserve Bank of Australia
- Lily Serna, a mathematician and TV presenter
- Dr Luke Bennetts, who uses numbers to create climate change solutions
- Maggie McGown, who uses maths in her fashion business, Magpie Goose, to create employment opportunities for Indigenous artists in the Northern Territory
RELATED CONTENT: 3 reasons you don’t have to be a ‘genius’ to be good at maths
We also have a bunch of other maths quizzes for you to try! Some of our favourites include:
- Where could economics take you?
- Which area of maths should you study?
- Which maths equation are you?
- Not your usual maths quiz
Author: Louise Meers
Louise is the acting digital editor for Careers with STEM. She has a journalism degree from the University of Technology, Sydney and has spent over a decade writing for youth. She is passionate about inspiring young people to achieve their biggest goals.