One of the best (and maybe unexpected) things about STEM is how creative you can be with it! Combining your arts or design passion with science, tech, engineering or maths is SO doable and such an awesome way to build a career you’ll love. Below, we’ve whipped up a quiz to help your work out what STEM design job you’d be amazing at.
We hope you found a STEM design job you love! If you’re looking for more inspo on creative STEM careers, here are a bunch of reads to get you started.
Creative STEM peeps
We’ve chatted to so many incredible people combining their creativity with STEM. Take a look at their study and career paths to see how they built their dream careers.
- Frith Williams – Head of Experience Design and Content, Te Papa
- Antonia Gauci – music producer
- Maggie McGown – fashion founder
- Peter Finlan – UX designer at Google
- Hori Te Ariki Mataki – animation artist and startup founder
Creative STEM resources
This articles are filled with deets, ideas and advice that will help you find a STEM design job or one that works with your artistic and creative talents! Check ’em out…
- Everything you need to know about creative jobs in STEM
- Combine humanities and STEM
- Creative coders: CGI careers for movies, games & more
- Marine science jobs can be creative too!
- Tech is revolutionising fashion. Here’s how to make it your career
- Creative IT careers; yep, that’s a thing!
- Creative maths
Want more? Head on over to our Be Creative section – perfect if you love design, art, writing, media and are looking for job options.
Author: Louise Meers
Louise is the production editor for Careers with STEM. She has a journalism degree from the University of Technology, Sydney and has spent over a decade writing for youth. She is passionate about inspiring young people to achieve their biggest goals.